Record your iphone screen with an app on the iphone? (non jailbreak option?)

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
I'd like to quickly record a video of my game running on my iphone, without the hassle of screen capture software on a mac and simulators.

Is there any legitimate app that lets you record your screen on the iphone, and then send it to youtube or where ever.

I've seen there is one for jailbroken phones ScreenRecorder and Display recorder. But I don't want to go down the jailbreak road...

Cant find anything on the app store, but I thought I'd ask incase I'm missing a trick.

Comments

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    No such thing :-(
  • guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    use a HD camcorder with some ambient light....? daylight works best compared to lightbulbs (too orange)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    yep as I thought....

I guess the HD camcorder is the best bet, thats what I did before but only to showcase a finished game. I wanted a quick way to get a video up so I could get feedback on how it played from the forum...Perhaps I can film it using my other halves iphone... it will save the capturing and editing stage.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I think that you can click Preview in GS and record that with special software for screen capturing.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I think it would only be possible with a multitasking device.

I don't know, why apple doesn't like the idea of video capturing, but I am sure, we are not the first ones, who need it and we are also not the first ones, who thought about developing it.

Probably that's why it exists on cydia but not on the appstore.
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    I remember an app that lets you do this I will have to search for it and see if I find it :)

Cheers, Weswog