Publishing server problems again

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Can't publish and appstore build :-(
It says, there is a publishing server problem.

Comments

• expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Maybe thats their way of saying, "Happy thanksgiving...we out!" :)

They really need to get all of this sorted out...
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Now I always get the error message "file couldn't be opened because of incorrect format" or so...

The funny part is, after 25 trying suddenly it works, although I didn't change anything. Don't even close the publish window.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
  • zinapsezinapse Member Posts: 34
    I have exactly the same problem. Have not managed to publish once with new version yet.

I think GameSalad is great but I do not understand their reluctance to answer their own customer's questions on this forum.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Just try and try.

Some times suddenly it works and then doesn't.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    This is ridiculous. My dev profile app went through 3 times out of 9 once none of the buttons worked and now tried the distribution version about 6 times and it says server issue. Other times it says corrupt or truncated.
    What's the deal?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Chaser - did I understand you correctly? Did you say that after publishing, buttons in your game don't work, even if they worked correctly under GS Preview?
    TheMoonwalls said:
    Chaser - did I understand you correctly? Did you say that after publishing, buttons in your game don't work, even if they worked correctly under GS Preview?

Correct! Which worries me greatly for the dist. Version
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,134
    We've pinpointed a major cause of publishing problem tied to the amount of memory we have allocated to the service. I've increased the memory for now, and we'll be looking into building out more servers.

Sorry for the publishing problems, and thank you for your patience.
    Thanks Adent42 I'll try later
    Just tried 5 times and still says server problems. Everybody must be trying at the same time or it's something else
  • GameSaladGameSalad Key Master, Member Posts: 33
    Something else to keep in mind when trying, make sure you are logged in. Occasionally you session will time out before you get to the publishing process, which causes it to break (we're working on better error handling in the next version for this).

So try logging out and logging back in on the dashboard (the project management and other info screen you see at startup).
    Yea I've logged in and out as well as shut down every try (trust me it's my OCD )
    So I tried again 12:00am and 7 and 7:15 and 7:45and 8:00 and still the same thing server is having problems try later. You are playing games with my OCD as i said it worked occasionally on my dev profile but not even once on my dist profile. The app is about 6 mb with iAds and linking so I don't think my small game is bloating your server.
    Perhaps your server needs a reboot
    Anybody have luck with publishing as I would like to hear a success story. Maybe a count of how many people are trying at the same time.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    adent42 said:
    We've pinpointed a major cause of publishing problem tied to the amount of memory we have allocated to the service. I've increased the memory for now, and we'll be looking into building out more servers.

Sorry for the publishing problems, and thank you for your patience.

Well, that's appreciated.

My 'old' pro license runs out on Tuesday. I'm seriously hoping things are sorted by then as I have potentially four submissions to make!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    I managed to publish 2 new apps and an update last sunday. I'm guessing GS have been meddling with it since then as it worked fine for me. glad I got them done!
    And still nothing