Gamesalad Crashes on opening

natatosnatatos Member Posts: 5
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I downloaded the 0.9 version and replaced my old version and now when I try to open it immediately comes up with the crash reporter. Is there something I can do to fix this, or download an older version or something? Also maybe what are the requirements to run it, could it be that I just don't meet them?

Comments

• magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    try

A) Restarting your computer
    B) ReInstalling
    C) Wait for another awnser.

-Josh
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    are you running 10.6? They announced a few weeks ago they were dropping support for leopard (10.5)
  • natatosnatatos Member Posts: 5
    ok I found out that you need 1GB of RAM, does this mean that you need 1gb open or just over all?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    What are your full system specs? Pretty sure if you don't gave 1gb of ram, you don't meet a few other reqs.

Processor?
    Ram?
    OS?
    Processor 2.4GHz, Memory 2GB, OS 10.6.4
  • kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
    i had this problem before my computer exploded, id try re-installing/updating xcode. that seemed to do the trick for me
    Nope didn't work. I removed xcode and Gamesalad then reinstalled them.
  • rufflesruffles Member Posts: 2
    I having this same problem. I've updated to the new version and now the program won't even open. It crashes immediately.

I'm on a Macbook Pro and have plenty of space and have used the previous version with no problems.

I've reinstalled, etc.

I teach Video Game Design in a public school and use this program as an intro to game design and the copies on the new Apples in my lab all work fine, but now I can't use it because I can't demo it to my students! I didn't check this out until this last week because it worked fine last year and now I'm in a pickle. This unit is coming up next week and I'm desperate! HELP!

Any help would be massively appreciated and the 28 kids in my game design class would be grateful, too.

A. Taylor
    alice.taylor@killeenisd.org
    Ok I fixed it. I'm not sure what it was but I upgraded my RAM which I was already going to do, then reinstalled Snow Leopard and now it opens.