Publishing Trouble

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm having issues publishing with Gamesalad, I get to the last screen that says to publish the game, and agree to the terms, and it's stuck there, and doesn't upload the app.

I've tried this 5 times now, and it still doesn't work.

Comments

• mzxmzx Member Posts: 151
    Do you have an apple developer account? 'Cause I had the same issue :$.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    butterbean said:
    I've tried this 5 times now, and it still doesn't work.

Hi! I tried answering you in the other thread... did you quit and restart GameSalad? That worked for me.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Thanks, yeah I have a dev account :) I'll just keep trying! Thanks Photics and MZX :)
    Still having trouble, it always gets stuck at the Uploading project page, I've tried reinstalling GS, rebooting my computer, closing GS and reopening about 5 times total now, and still no luck.

Anyone else having trouble? Any help from Gamesalad appreciated!
  • dmcdowelldmcdowell Member Posts: 128
    BB, what provisioning profile are you using?
  • NexusGameStudioNexusGameStudio Member Posts: 265
    I'm getting Cocoa error 13 on publishing my iPhone game.
    I'm using one called "Doodle Zombies" That I created for that app, a distribution provisioning profile, that I always create for a new game
    Nexus, you have your own special problem that we haven't seen before (the software nerd in me is very excited to find out why this is happening). Please send a CS ticket and your game so we can look at it up close and personal :)

BB, have you tried it with another provisioning profile? Distribution provisioning profiles seem to be having an issue. If you want to mail me your project, I can try it here with another provisioning profile and see what happens.
    The issue is, I've already set up the app in itunes connect with that provisioning profile, so it won't allow me to upload it with a binary attached to a different provisioning profile.

I'd rather wait since I have it set up, and see if you can fix the issue with distribution profiles on your end.

I'll keep trying. :)
    So I've tried uploading a different app, under a different provisioning profile as distribution (for an update) and still, no luck.

I think there is something wrong with the distribution profile end of things and hopefully you guys can find a solution to this. I never had trouble with the old method, and it always worked for me, so this is new.
    Unless I'm blind (which might be the case) I couldn't find the area to submit a ticket, if you don't mind I sent an email with the build of my game to CodeMonkey if you want to get it from him since I had his email address.
    That sounds great, Nexus :)
    Finally got it to work!

My issue was I was accustomed to seeing the Candy cane blue bar turn solid, and then move up as the game was uploading, but I was only seeing the candy cane bar moving, and nothing else, so I wasn't letting it upload and do it's thing.

So lesson: patience is virtue :)

Thanks Codemonkey for your help!
    I'll request a more standard loading bar for the next release, to avoid confusion.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    No problem. I didn't really do anything. Just cause a distraction while GameSalad did its thing.

Hey! Look over there.

*poof*
    Haha, for some odd reason, as soon as you signed on it uploaded, so you worked your magic!

Thanks dmcdowell, I think it may cause confusion for those of us who are accustomed to seeing that blue solid bar progress, versus the blue candy cane one.
    Hey CodeMonkey, your email is still codemonkey(at)gendaigames.com? wasnt sure if it had changed when you guys swapped to GameSalad Inc.