How iAds look like in my game?

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I want to add iAd to my game.

I have the behaviour and it tells me to place it so, that if there is no AD, my game still works.

Ok.

But how does it look? I am in a country, where no iAD is visible. There are different types of iAD, like banner on the bottom, or full screen between levels etc.

How to know, what will be shown in my game?
And where do I have to place the behavior?

Comments

• YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @Hunnenkoenig,

When you test your game with iAd behaviors, either within the creator or on the viewer, test iAds should show up based on the criteria you've selected. You can customize the events that trigger an iAd to display and you can select for the banner to show up on either the top or bottom of your screen.

If you preview within the creator, you should see a GameSalad made test iAd display. When you test on the viewer, Apple will feed a test iAd to confirm that call for an iAd is indeed being made.

All the iAds within GameSalad are banner iAds, which can be clicked in order to bring up a full screen version.

If you are in a country where iAds are not visible, and so they are not showing up when you test within the viewer, then I would suggest testing within the creator. The GameSalad made test iAds should show up regardless of where you are located geographically.

I hope this answers your question.

- Yodapollo
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Thank you very much Yodapollo.
    I will test it.

And yet another question:
    I assume, I have to make iAD in iTunes available for the particular app. As far as I know, I need a unique provisioning for that, right? I can't use my wildcard provisioning... do you know something about that?

And if we are at the topic already, do you plan to integrate AdMob for secondary option, if iAD can't be shown due to country restriction or due to missing AD?
    No answer? at least to the second part?
  • StormtrixStormtrix Member Posts: 256
    noob here on iAds - but thinking of updating one of my games that's free and putting iAds in.. so uh.. where do the ads come from? you put in your own ads? or does the implementation of iAds grab ads from apple's servers or something? also, you only make money when someone clicks on the ads? and how much usually.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @Stormtrix

iAds simply makes a call to Apple's servers to provide an iAd. The current payment rate for iAds is $0.01 for an iAd that shows up, and $2.00 if someone clicks on the banner. Apple currently takes 40% of this payment, leaving you with 60%. So, essentially, you are being paid $0.006 per view and $1.20 per click.

@Hunnenkoenig

We've definitely been looking at other ad networks, but it's not a top priority for our development team at the moment.

I hope that answers your questions.

- Yodapollo
    That's a fine answer for me. Thanks.

(you see, it works! :-) )
  • CodeCodeCodeCode Member Posts: 200
    ou that sounds very very good, i wonder if we european can get does ads somehow in our app.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I didn't add the "Photics" tag to this thread, but this is a thread that I like. Here's why...
    Yodapollo said:
    So, essentially, you are being paid $0.006 per view

That's awesome!

If the average player plays your game for about an hour, that could be up to 120 impressions or 72¢... that's basically the same as a tier 1 app. They don't even have to click the ads for you to make more money than a paid app. They only have to play it while advertisements are being shown.