REPLICATE behaviour is buggy

TboneTbone Member Posts: 49
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm having a problem with the replicate behaviour. It doesn't seem to run straight from go anymore.

I have an actor that is replicated 5 times. When I run the scene it doesn't display.. until I do soemthing else, move an actor, press a button etc

Weird. Anyone else come across this? It was working fine under 8.9

Comments

• joshcaljoshcal Member Posts: 100
    yup, i have this exact same problem. if you find a fix please let me know :)
  • RevoltingPeasantRevoltingPeasant Member Posts: 33
    Hey Tbone

Yeah, this is a known problem and has been reported:
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=13234

It seems to put the actor and its replications all the way to the back of the scene. If there's nothing behind it, it works fine...

RP
  • TboneTbone Member Posts: 49
    Cheers. Interesting.

I've just tried putting the actor with replicate in its own layer and it works fine. If I then move it back to its original layer it disappears again.

Luckily this will be okay for me in this instance as a work around - I've got this actor displaying lives so is part of the HUD but it'll be a problem when I get to replicating backdrop stuff.
    I'll have to try that, I also want to display the lives...but JGary321 wrote (in the other post) that layers don't solve the problem. Damn "real" job, I wanna get home and test this!
  • chrisalchrisal Member Posts: 74
    Tested and it works if it is it's own layer, many many thanks for the tip
    home sweet home. yup, works in layers. nice.
    but can I copy layers with all of its contents into a new scene? can't seem to do that..?
    thanks
    RP
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Thanks for catching that.

Edit: More specifically it is only the top most actor that has the replicate behavior that is affected.
    Adding another actor in the same layer above it with a replicate behavior will also fix it.
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    yeap I already try that but then i need 3 actors, when for real I only need two! someway too fix this?