GS Viewer not working. Anyone else having this problem?

MotoMoto Member Posts: 33
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have updated my iPhone to GS Viewer 0.9.0 Beta and I can't get any games to preview. When I was using .8.9 beta GS Viewer worked fine previewing these same apps.

When I open GS Viewer my iPhone says connected and it acts like it is going to work. In GS Creator 0.9.0 beta I click preview on "iPhone" it compresses the game and when it starts to load to the device it gets about 10% in and hangs then the iphone eventually times out. I have tried reinstall the GS viewer a few times still the same problem. Any suggestions to get this fixed?

Comments

• TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    At least you get the iPhone icon. I do not and I am a pro and logged in :-(
  • Mr-GreenMr-Green Member Posts: 6
    i have the same issue with the new version as well .....my device has been waiting for connection for 45min now...

also i try to add templates from my previous version library only to have it crash. i had to reinstall... :-(
  • MotoMoto Member Posts: 33
    My problem is that the GS Viewer connects but doesn't fully load the game without timing out. I have been able to workaround the problem by creating a WiFi network on my Mac then connecting my iPhone directly to the Mac WiFi. This works 50% of the time to load the game the other 50% gives me the same time out issues. However it works fine on my iPad if I load the same game over my actual WiFi network and not the Mac direct connect WiFi. This is a very strange problem since GS .8.9 viewer never gave me any problems and loved how fast the GS Viewer would load the game it made testing small changes easy.
  • Mr-GreenMr-Green Member Posts: 6
    i fixed my problem.. i had to delete the old viewer off my iPhone/iPad and remake the new viewer and install it.. with xcode.. all seems to be working now....
  • THRSTNTHRSTN Member Posts: 178
    i deleted the old viewer and reinstalled the new on twice now AND created a local wifi connecting from my mac to the phone AND still connection times out.Wish some of the sous chefs or codemonkey would take a look at this issue and give us some help.
  • appleshowyouappleshowyou Member Posts: 31
    How do you make a local network?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    this thread is 3 mths old and is about problems with the viewer. closing.
This discussion has been closed.