Auto Rotation problems

kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hey is anyone having issues on there iphone or ipod touch with your game randomly rotating when its not suppose to? iv noticed right after the 0.9 update this issue had started accruing and i cant figure out why. im afraid go to pro because so many people are having issues with it.

Thanks for the help given :)

Comments

• LAdrianLAdrian Member Posts: 237
    At least I'm not the only one :p sorry
    Yeah it's pretty serious, I have my game finished but can't submit to apple because of this.
    On the other hand I see that TSB submitted he's game so probably works fine there.
    Anyway, just to describe here also what happens:

I have a problem with the auto-rotation and you know that Apple is very drastic regarding this issue. So, what happens is that when the device is orientated with the home button towards right, at launch, the GS logo rotates from upside down to the correct position but then my logo rotates from the correct position to upside down and stays like this and all the other scenes remains like this until I rotate the phone. After I rotate it everything works normal, it's just the first time it gets stuck upside down. I would really appreciate your help as I'm in a hurry to resubmit the app after it was rejected by apple because it took too long to launch (this is another issue). Thank you, Adrian
  • kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
    Bump
    Bump - sorry to be so insistent but I have the game finished and I cant submitted to apple because of this
  • GameSaladGameSalad Key Master, Member Posts: 33
    Do each of your scenes have the correct Autorotate settings?

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/interface_reference:scene_attributes
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Do all your scenes have the correct Autorotate settings?

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/interface_reference:scene_attributes
    Yes, iv tried the above along with many variants. I only have the issue on everything but the iPhone 4. And it only happens in vertical mode not landscape
    Hi CodeMonkey, thanks fog getting back to me :)

Yes, it's exactly the same project that worked fine in 0.8.9.
    Just a mention, I'm using iPhone3GS and iOS GM 4.2.1

Btw, I submitted to apple the old version made with 0.8.9 but got rejected because it took to long to launch on they're iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 - Strange because I tested on iPhone 3GS with 4.2.1 and worked just fine, the app launched instantly...
    Another weird thing, it works the first time but not after I close the app and I reopen it. The second time and on the first scene after the GS logo get's rotated in the wrong position
    i would also like to point out that the link that code monkey gave seems to be a bit out of date. i dont get check boxes nore do i get an option to change the attribute type. its just a drop down menu for what position its in
    WAIT! DURP i think i figured it out. i was looking at the wrong thing the whole time >.< testing now to see if i can fix it
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    @LAdrian, @kadinshino can you send your projects to support at gamesalad.com if you still have the issue? Thanks
    Hey codemonky how exactly would i go about doing this? im still having issues. is there an email to send it to?