Changing Origin of Camera?

DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
edited November -1 in Tech Support
The title says it all really! Can I change the origin of the camera through a behaviour?

Cheers :)

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    ...ok....thought about it and I'm not 100% sure if I get what you want to do.

You can link the camera to any actor....you can change how far that object moves before the camera moves with it by clicking the camera icon on the project window and adjusting the handles....

you could set it up so the camera is linked to another actor which is invisible, and have that linked to the movement of the main actor. Creating an offset by having the actor the camera is linked to 100 or whatever pixels in front/behind your main actor...

there may be another tidier way, just not sure what it would be...
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I don't think so.

You can change things by behavior, which are listed in the expression editor.

Attributes of a scene are not such a thing.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Drag a blank actor into a scene. Double click on it. Unlock it. Drag a change attribute behavior in. Click on the expression editor and you will notice that because it is unlocked there is set of choices under "current scene." One of these choices is camera. You can do whatever you want to the size and origin of the camera. This is how you zoom the camera or allow for dragging the camera around.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Your are right. I always forget the instances :-P
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Cool