my game doesnt seem to be working well in new update?

ejsgameejsgame Member Posts: 161
edited November -1 in Tech Support
my a-maze photo explore :world tour for iphone not working well after the update..the spawning does not work and there's some error when 2 actors are overlap..

Comments

• ejsgameejsgame Member Posts: 161
    for the spawning..the answers should be pop up for both the photos in game...but now only pop up when in photo A when i click the answer in photo A...and photo B when i click on answer on it...
    for hint in game..when i click on the hint...my answer should spawn hint on it but now no more...
    and i made tat when my answer is being click...my background wont be trigger to minus time in game...but now it keep minus the time whenever i click the correct answer
  • juzcookjuzcook Member Posts: 259
    My game is also having quite a number of problems. Sounds are doubling up when they never used to, and some instances seem really affected by the order you place the behaviours in your rules. I'm trying to get the viewer working to see if it happens there because usually the Preview has errors for me that aren't seen on my Builds!
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Im having problems too. Rules that worked fine in 0.8.9 are now inconsistent, and work in some places, but not in others.

My main problem is with my scoring system and resetting the scores when moving to a new level. It works on some button presses, but not others...and they have the same rules.

I guess I'll try rebuilding some of the rules...but its gonna be a pain having to go through my game and redo them all.
  • netdzynrnetdzynr Member Posts: 296
    I'm with you, Chunky, one of my drag-and-drop routines has died. Wondering if I have a similar issue as ejs above with actor overlap. Maybe some kind of position-checking issue. Seem to recall reading in another post that folks might be having issue with a change in the order/timing of how events are processed.

Arg. No fun ahead...
  • netdzynrnetdzynr Member Posts: 296
    BTW, if Gendai is reading this, I've been testing an iPad development build, and when launching the app, it sits on a blank white screen for about 10 to 11 seconds *before* running the GameSalad splash. Might have to revisit some timing issue here.
  • RickyRicky Member Posts: 58
    my character neglects to jump sometimes, it is irritating because it occurs at random intervals!
    help please Codemonkey?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    if be good if you could post a screenshot of your rule set. When .8 came out there were problems, but most of them were from people using the existing rules incorrectly.
    sry for that...it is TouchBackgroud true and TouchAnswer false
    any help please?
  • dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    Probably not help, but my game used to work with a fix I knew should not work. They must of fixed that issue with the update because it now does not work with the fix I was using. I went in and redid it the way it should have been done the first time (which for some reason did not work on the prior version of GS). Now it works. (i.e., the fixes, essentially fixed some errors that we had been using because they worked for some reason. Now you have to go back to the logic and do it over due to the fixes. In the end this is a good thing, but is sure sucks for a game in process. Will also take some unlearning of bad habbits.
    thats sux then...lots of rules there