Unable to edit any actors on 0.9

QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Since the upgrade I am unable to edit any of my actors. The screen just hangs.
Also my replicated lives broke.
I tried reinstalling but had the same problems.
Anyone else having issues? Is this a bug?
Guess I might have to go back to the previous version....

Comments

• QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    I need to crank on my game. I finally had a few days to get back to this starting yesterday and now I'm hosed, lol!
    How can I go back to the previous version?
    I don't see it in my files anywhere.
    Hard to believe I'm the only one with this problem.
    Hope Gamesalad can help ASAP.
    Thanks.
  • footloosefootloose Member Posts: 20
    Send report a bug and contact them.
    The bug report screen is currently broken but the contact us still works, which I did.
    Hope I can work on my game and not lose the few days I have left on this.
    Seems to be some sort of memory problem.
    Light actors load okay but behavior heavy actors just hang and crash the editor. Never happened before.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @MikeQuinn,

Thanks for sending us the info. We're looking into it right now.

- Yodapollo
    Thank you Mr.Yoda Pollo ;)
    Lemme know if you need anything. Good luck!

Mike
  • dmcdowelldmcdowell Member Posts: 128
    Hi Mike, I sent you a PM.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I just had a similar issue. I had an actor that was working fine. I unlocked an instance of it and created a rule set that contained two interpolate behaviors that used the camera origin (which is why I unlocked it). Then I dragged this rule set into my behaviors, opened up the prototype, and dragged this rule set in. This would allow me to drag the prototype into the scene and the rules with the camera origin would work (at least it would in 0.8.9). Now I get the same thing that Mike describes above when I try to open the prototype.
    Scitunes, this sounds similar to an issue we had in the past. Would you mind sending me your game file and specify which actors have the issue? Thanks
    OK, so I make a new actor, drag the rule set in and it appears to be blank. Then I drag the prototype into a scene and double click on that instance. It is locked and I can see the rule set under the lock. So I unlock it and then click revert protype - it goes blank again. It is as if the rules are there but they only show when an instance is opened not a protype. This did not happen with 0.8.9

EDIT: Sure. How do I send it to you?
    scitunes said:

EDIT: Sure. How do I send it to you?

You didn't get any emails from me recently? I'll send you a PM.
    Oh, duh!
  • GeoffKiwiGeoffKiwi Member Posts: 3
    Well I updated and while I am pleased, very pleased, with the stability I am also having this issue. But with just one of my actors. Unfortunately this one actor is the main actor. Whenever I click on it to edit it, the screen just hangs.... all the other actors are fine.
  • NexusGameStudioNexusGameStudio Member Posts: 265
    I am having the exact same issue as Mike, I can no longer edit actors which has caused me to halt production on my game...a day away from finishing it. This is a serious issue that can hopefully be resolved ASAP.