What sales do you people make on your apps?

RickyRicky Member Posts: 58
Just wondering, what kind of money do you earn from your apps? I have seen a lot of apps that are making a great deal of money, and "with over 20,000 downloads!" These apps I see cost one dollar each, and with 70% of sales, does this mean people are making over 14,000 dollars?

Even so, I am extremely anxious to see if my game is up to par with the rest of you guys. I don't know if it is worth $200+ to get it going on the store! Plus, I could really use some money to pay off university fees!

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Search for topics like this on the forum there have been several. Some make $5/month and some make $5000/month. Theres a lot of variables that affect your success with an app.

Good Luck
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Right now I wouldn't say I'm successful as such, but I voted for that as I feel more successful than not.

My first app was published mid August and for that month I made only $70, the next month, September, I made $110.

October things went much better and I made $615 - this month looks as though it will be similar or better; at the end of the 14th I'd made $390 odd - so if that continues I'll be looking at around $780 or so :)
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    If you make $50 a day from 5 games your doing well imo....depends what the games are of course but im talking an average game made with GS.

Darren.
  • RickyRicky Member Posts: 58
    That sounds great!
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Yup, as we all know it's quality of gameplay/quality of graphics/genre of the month/skill/luck/being at the right place at the right time/reviews/what you had for breakfast/ more luck... karma/backhanders....getting silly now ;-)

:-)

Oh, I've made zilch, but I haven't finished a game yet. Started at least 4.... but for the record, I've been working on a fairly major project over the last week or so which I'm definitely sticking with, an adventure game for the iPad that'll take upwards of six months to complete. I'll let you know after then how much it'll make...if anything! :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• RickyRicky Member Posts: 58
    I'm currently making a game with relatively terrible graphics, but ironically I think the final result will look rather appealing. Fundamentality isn't very common these days, It will be interesting to see what people think.