Promo codes questions

IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
Hello,
I just wanted to ask about promo codes - how many of them a developer can create?
Does american App Store promo code = british App Store promo code, or they are different for every App Store?

And question to Joe - I saw that you gave many promo codes on TA forum (if I remember well - it was about 75?). Could you please tell me, how many promo codes (more or less) did you give away in total?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    For every version of your app, Apple gives you 50 promo codes.

As far as I understand, these promo codes will ONLY work in the US store.

The purpose is to send the codes out to review sites, so people can review your game.

Promo codes, when used, count towards your sales rankings - although you don't get any money. Giving away all of your promo codes on the same day will give you an apparent sales boost, pushing your game up the charts and making it more visible. Which will hopefully help generate actual sales.

The promo codes last for 28 days. I released two updates to my game, so I had 150 codes to hand out. After I sent a bunch out to review sites, I still had 125 left over.

So I gave out 75 on one day and 50 on another over at TouchArcade. I find that the players over there give constructive, honest feedback. Also, because those forums are so popular, I was able to hand out all the codes in a few hours.

Hunnenkoenig also runs promo dispenser, and you could also give out codes on these forums. I have found that codes don't get used that fast here though. People here are too busy creating games! Also, the feedback here tends to be very forgiving, as we generally know how difficult it is just to be able to complete a game. The members over at TouchArcade are coming from a player's perspective, and are more brutally honest, which helps make the game better.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Thank you very much for help Joe! Your post really helped me, and give me a new perspective to look at game sales!
  • joydeepsaha007joydeepsaha007 Member Posts: 3
    do promo codes allow user to download apps for free? or does is allow users to give their reviews?