Will this ever come to PC?

mikejezzmikejezz Member Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Tech Support
As the topic says... I want to do some iPhone app, but I am on a PC

Comments

• ForteForte Member, PRO Posts: 297
    Not until apple makes Xcode for PC. Which is never going to happen, sorry.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    yea, invest in a refurb'd mac from apple, or get a used one from ebay. With even an OK game you'll make your money back in a few months.
  • RattleheadRattlehead Member Posts: 485
    Not to mention the fact that once you go Mac, you'll never go back...

Except for when you have to drag your sorry carcass into the office the next day and they refuse to let you replace your Windows XP machine with a Mac Pro.
  • ToastKittenToastKitten Member Posts: 360
    Hackintosh = everything mac on PC

I've never tried or seen it personally, but I hear from friends that it works. Apparently you're just running OS X on your PC machine.

I'm pretty sure xCode will never go to Windows, but it can be run on a PC machine since it can run OS X if that makes sense.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Disclaimer: I have no inside information on this! This is pure speculation!

GSdirect would not require you to have Xcode (presumably). It would seem that you would upload your game and GS would take care of the rest. It would also seem then that a PC version of GS would be possible as Xcode would not be part of the equation.

So who knows, but maybe there will be a version of GS for PC that works with GSdirect only.

Again, just a thought.
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    scitunes said:
    Disclaimer: I have no inside information on this! This is pure speculation!

GSdirect would not require you to have Xcode (presumably). It would seem that you would upload your game and GS would take care of the rest. It would also seem then that a PC version of GS would be possible as Xcode would not be part of the equation.

So who knows, but maybe there will be a version of GS for PC that works with GSdirect only.

Again, just a thought.

Nicely pointed out!
  • victorkin11victorkin11 Member Posts: 251
    @ToastKitten

I have one macbook pro & one Hackintosh, every time I upgrade my osx and xcode, my hackintosh away in trouble! you need to find the new driver or patch to make it work!
  • vegasmike1vegasmike1 Member Posts: 192
    how about, a droid version of gs on the pc.
  • vegasmike1vegasmike1 Member Posts: 192
    @tsb..... beat me to it 8)