Best way to give away promos etc

gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
What do people think are the best ways to give away promo codes?

what i mean by that is, competitions, twitter follows etc. Also, as my next game is called bounty hunter, I was considering running a contest where by the first person to complete the game on all 4 difficulties would win an itunes voucher, kind of like collecting a bounty for beating the game. Bit of a cheesy play on the bounty hunter theme, I know.haha.

Anybody done anything similar?

cheers

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Don't just post your code on the forum. There are a few hacks that will give you bad review give them to friend family. Also at touch arcade take names, but just posting the codes you run the risk of your app getting ceacked and posted on the free sites . making a contest for somebody that already has your game does not make much sense to me!
    PS http://iphoneapp-promocodes.com/

Saladgamers.com
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    thanks for the tips, my idea behind the contest was that it might encourage people to buy the game for 0.99 if they have a chance at winning something more. It was just an idea, hadn't ironed out the details yet.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    gazjm said:
    What do people think are the best ways to give away promo codes?

what i mean by that is, competitions, twitter follows etc. Also, as my next game is called bounty hunter, I was considering running a contest where by the first person to complete the game on all 4 difficulties would win an itunes voucher, kind of like collecting a bounty for beating the game. Bit of a cheesy play on the bounty hunter theme, I know.haha.

Anybody done anything similar?

cheers

Tried something like that. It is difficult to know if they really beat it. If they can crack it they can often make a screenshot that looks like they beat it and collect the reward. I don't recommend it without true leaderboards.