[OT] Anyone Here a Halloween Addict?

netdzynrnetdzynr Member Posts: 296
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
OK, I'm not exactly an addict, but aside from building games, I love Halloween and enjoy building displays when I can. This year was a recycled display -- an alien lab of sorts, made from pieces of Halloweens past. I try to do something different every Halloween and document it where possible. Some examples:

2008 Mad Science Lab
2007 SpectreVision (projected)
2006 Flying Saucer
2004 Aku from Samurai Jack
2003 Confectionary of Death
2001 Iron Giant Robot
2000 Crashed Flying Saucer

Anybody else decorate and/or go all-out for Halloween? Share your pics!

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Very nice Netdzynr. I usually do it up also but took a break this year. For 8-9 years I designed/ sculpted Halloween props.
  • netdzynrnetdzynr Member Posts: 296
    Chaser, do you have any pics?

BTW, along with decorating for Halloween we've thrown a Halloween party that's been running for 10 years. This is the first year we decided to take a break as well :-)
    Too funny! Tshirtbooth
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    Wow, netdyznr, you must start planning and building those installations weeks in advance! They're great! All your neighbours must look forward to halloween as well.
    Chaser, very cool -- how do you use the sculpts? Haunted walkthough? Props around yard/house? Something else?

tshirt, bet that costume went over well :-)
    netdzynr said:
    Chaser, very cool -- how do you use the sculpts? Haunted walkthough? Props around yard/house? Something else?

tshirt, bet that costume went over well :-)

Would scare the parents and older kids that came to the door via decor and mics/speakers and home made motion sensors connected to boom boxes and power drills that made things spin and such. Use to work as supervisor/ design for costume manufacturer where I did everything from sculpt to plaster and silicon molds for foam and latex then airbrush and so on. Made some limited edition stuff for Caesars Palace (griffen, dragon) as well as a Fulgore mask for nintendo (killer instinct)

Pay sucked 12$ and no further advancement seeing as most of the stuff was starting to go to Pakistan for production so left. It was fun though!
    Too bad about the production stuff, but there's gotta be somewhere that would appreciate your talents. You have an impressive resume and that sculpt looks awesome!

Re: scaring people at the door... One year I stood outside our front door in a black costume, pretending to be a prop. When people knocked on the door, all I had to do was move slightly and they would jump 5 feet -- it was quite fun :-)
    Put my extra time into GS now. Not to mention my telco fiber optic job pays way better. Let's just say I work for the other guy.