*********HELP********

MOVProductionsMOVProductions Member Posts: 53
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hello, I have a serious issue. I have a intel based imac and I never had this issue before. Every I use Gamesalad and work on a iphone app, my computer gives me a gray screen that tells me to shut down. It happens usually about 5 minutes from start up and when I put pictures on the editor and then press preview on the mac. After I look at the app and go back to the editor than it shuts down. PLEASE HELP ME

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Sounds like you're getting a "kernel panic" I get that sometimes when trying to preview or take screenshots of the level.

It's probably best to avoid doing the preview screenshot, and just take it on your device when you upload your game.

Trust me... it's a P.I.A I know, I've had this happen many times!

And it happens very randomly, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why it occurs.

The only thing I notice is that if my images are too big (their native size is large) and I shrink them, it makes the problem worst, but again, it's pretty hit or miss.
  • MOVProductionsMOVProductions Member Posts: 53
    Its a real mac, and yes it happens a lot with the preview shot but also sometimes with out a preview.
    tshirtbooth said:
    is this a REAL mac or a pc turned mac?

Its a real mac, and yes it happens a lot with the preview shot but also sometimes with out a preview.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Maybe the title can be edited incase someone has a similar issue they will actually find the thread.
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    This happens to me a lot if I don't restart the GS from 5 to 5 minutes.
    Also happens when I preview games in Safari....

It's a bug from GS I'm sure that you won't be able to do something about it until the next update.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    FanStudioUK said:
    ...until the next update.

Next update! Next update! Next update! Whoops, sorry about that.

:-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I'm 99% sure that it's a kernel panic. If it happens almost always when you hit "Preview" to take a screenshot, or if you preview a new scene, and it auto snaps a screenshot, then it's a kernel panic.

This has happened to me, and it's not a GS issue, I've emailed the folks at GS already on this. It's a Mac issue.
    butterbean said:
    I'm 99% sure that it's a kernel panic. If it happens almost always when you hit "Preview" to take a screenshot, or if you preview a new scene, and it auto snaps a screenshot, then it's a kernel panic.

This has happened to me, and it's not a GS issue, I've emailed the folks at GS already on this. It's a Mac issue.

So if it were to be the mac how would I fix this?
    I am running 10.6.4
    So, is there going to be an update? I also have another problem about 2 days ago I received an email from Gamesalad that said my subscription has ended when I only got in on August.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    The subscription cancellation was only for the auto-renew. Your membership will continue to function as normal.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    tshirtbooth said:
    is this a REAL mac or a pc turned mac?

You go something against Hackintosh's? LOL
    JamesZeppelin said:
    Maybe the title can be edited incase someone has a similar issue they will actually find the thread.

And yeah the "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Titles are really freaking annoying