Advice on Lite Version Strategy Please

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
My new game Adventures of Papa Wheelie has 64 levels total with 5 different types of game play. It is doing OK so far (kind of up and down) and I am not sure if I should submit a lite version now or wait to see if GS will be giving URL capabilities to express members.

Does anyone have a hunch (wink wink) about what will be given to express members in the new update?

So now, later, never?

Here's info on the game:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=12007

Comments

• expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Nothing changes for express members, you still have the same features as before. I remember GS posting somewhere about it
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Do it now, mate. You can always update with a URL when the new version comes out.

Also bear in mind that historically, going from one version of GS to another always comes with some bugs attached that get ironed out relatively quickly.

Still, that might delay you, so strike now I say!

Good luck to you!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    They already said in the update yellow post on the FAQ thread that express members would not get URL forwarding.

To quote:

MarcinMakaj asked: "Will people with an active membership be able to use this PRO featured version of GS, AND publish their game in the old way?"

If you currently hold a “Pro” subscription, you will be able to use the “Pro” featured version of GameSalad Direct and publish “the old way” until your subscription ends. However, if you are an “Express” subscription holder, you will not be able to use certain features that are reserved solely for “Pro” subscription holders (specifically, iAds, custom splash screens and URL forwarding).
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    StusApps said:
    They already said in the update yellow post on the FAQ thread that express members would not get URL forwarding.

To quote:

MarcinMakaj asked: "Will people with an active membership be able to use this PRO featured version of GS, AND publish their game in the old way?"

If you currently hold a “Pro” subscription, you will be able to use the “Pro” featured version of GameSalad Direct and publish “the old way” until your subscription ends. However, if you are an “Express” subscription holder, you will not be able to use certain features that are reserved solely for “Pro” subscription holders (specifically, iAds, custom splash screens and URL forwarding).

What about releasing a lite version under the new system that links to the full version which is still on my itunes account?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Sorry to have so many questions, but I am really proud of this game and I want people to be aware of it.

So...

How about submitting a "Lite" version tonight and a "Free" version through GD with links.

Is there any harm in doing that?