renew profile problem

DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi all,

Trying to reinstall provisioning profile. Looked in the forums and this is what I have tried:
- Dumped profile from iPhone. Someone mentioned remove from iTunes but I don't know where is it in iTunes.
- Renewed and downloaded from Appl dev site.
- I tried: Double click on it to launch xcode, dragging the profile onto xcode, dragged it to iTunes; no of them worked.
- Xcode still has a red "X" on my profile name.
- BTW, Game view version I have it v8.9

I appreciate the help all!

-Dooki

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    In XCode, with your iPhone connected, go to Window->Organizer
    You should be able to see your provisioning profiles and your device. Then you can drag the provisioning profile to your device.
  • 8BitMichael8BitMichael Member, PRO Posts: 125
    @CodeMonkey

Honestly, stop trying to look good for new eyes on the forum. I've been here for 9 months and I've never seen a yellow post helping people with problems. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I've seen 2 today.
    Yes I am helping more right now than I have in a while. Yes it probably isn't a coincidence. But people still need help. Feel free to help out if you would like.
  • DookiDooki Member Posts: 247
    @MDD: Codemokey has helped me out a lot over the past few months. It's 7:30 here on the west coast and he is still answering questions and helping others. Wish more companies had such great support for their product.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    You read my mind MDD. But CodeMonkey is trying to help better late then never. I might stick it through with GSD till my membership expires at least I'll be able to upload under my company name. But if you read this CM try to talk some sense into those guys at the office sitting down chugging there espressos because I honestly think that you guys are making a wrong move by not letting us use our company name the whole point behind being Indie Developers is so we can become noticed also. I know it's business but don't bite the hand that feeds you it's common sense.
    @codemonkey: Dragged the profile within xcode but nothing happened. When I am in the organizer of xcode I see at the top pane a couple of profiles (one old, one newer). I assume I can delete the older one?

Thanks!
    -Dooki
  • 8BitMichael8BitMichael Member, PRO Posts: 125
    @Devils

I agree that it's better late than never, but I'm curious to see how long it continues.

Sorry to drift off topic.
    @Dooki,
    Yes please delete the older one. You should see your device(with a green dot) in the list of Devices at the top left. Under that in the IOS Development area there is a 'Provisioning Profiles' section that show all the Profiles installed on your computer. You should be able to drag a profile from this section to your device name, and if you click your device name you should see the profiles installed on it. Any old, expired ones, delete them as they may sometimes get used instead and cause an error.

@Devils noted.
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    I am sorry MDD but I don't think that is the right attitude.
    Believe me, I understand what you are saying because I was trying to have an answer about some demo that CM created and after 4 month of constant posting and like 6 people trying to figure it out and no one could come with an answer CM shows up, I asked and he fix it.
    But if he is here now to stay and to help, it makes me more than happy. The guy is a friking genius...
    Is this is part of the new GS, I like it.
    From now on, I am going to see what is the rest of the new stuff but meanwhile I am going to watch some other programs video tutorials in youtube for if the horizon its not bright and you can do the same.
    LordTarantor said:

Is this is part of the new GS, I like it.

I hope so. With more people, it means less hats/person. And that means more dedication from me to help answer things, if I get to them before the other helpful members get to them.
    My iPhone (Device) still has a yellow dot. I have dragged the profile onto it with no change. When I click on the iPhone the summary says:

The version of iPhone OS on “iPhone” does not match any of the versions of iPhone OS supported for development with this installation of the iPhone SDK. Please restore the device to a version of the OS listed below, or update to the latest version of the iPhone SDK; which is available here.

OS Installed on iPhone
    4.1 (8B117)
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Download the latest non-beta version of Xcode which is 3.2.4