Introducing GameSalad Direct

Comments

• iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
    POLYGAMe said:
    I know, Seti has been around since 1984 and they STILL haven't had contact from ET.

Because they don't analyze all frequencies of radio signals. Aliens may not even be using our "radio frequency", they may be using something else completely different. Thus we may have already received signal but our instruments didn't pick it up.

Anyway, I do think GameSalad is collapsing because of this "no sale" period. If they want to survive, then they must release the new GS.

Plus: It's been months without a PROPER update. (Proper meaning: big fix, big feature (GAME CENTER) etc).
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    Hi there... Any news? Looks like we remain in the same shadows...
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    azavega said:
    Hi there... Any news? Looks like we remain in the same shadows...

So...same old same old. :o(

I'm just carrying on as normal.
    But it's always there....at the back of my mind....like a small weevil burrowing away, reminding me that change'a'come!
  • PIXOMUSEPIXOMUSE Member Posts: 101
    Hi,

I have read the initial news about GameSalad Direct, so forgive me if I'm covering old ground, as I didn't want to pore through 54 pages of responses, what news is everybody waiting for, further announcements to do with GameSalad Direct, or something else ?

I was about to buy a new Mac at the end of month, and I was hopefully going to utilise GameSalad for creating iDevice games, but I have to say, I am slightly disappointed in the announcement currently.. :(

I don't know if it has already been covered ( probably ), of maybe this is the news ppl are waiting for, but what is the split going to be after Apples' 30% cut. The original announcement sounded like we would also be responsible for some other fees up front too, what are these likely to be ?
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    I think I saw the hour hand move!
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    you will still be able to brand your game uniquely to you .... How does that work? Btw GS direct is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    PIXOMUSE said:
    Hi,

I have read the initial news about GameSalad Direct, so forgive me if I'm covering old ground, as I didn't want to pore through 54 pages of responses, what news is everybody waiting for, further announcements to do with GameSalad Direct, or something else ?

I was about to buy a new Mac at the end of month, and I was hopefully going to utilise GameSalad for creating iDevice games, but I have to say, I am slightly disappointed in the announcement currently.. :(

I don't know if it has already been covered ( probably ), of maybe this is the news ppl are waiting for, but what is the split going to be after Apples' 30% cut. The original announcement sounded like we would also be responsible for some other fees up front too, what are these likely to be ?

Just to summarise the 54 pages :

1. We don't know what the cut will be
    2. There will be an upfront fee for the build....we don't know what that will be
    3. 1 and 2 are part of the news we are waiting for. The rest is

..a) when is this happening...soon, this month, this year???
    ..b) will there be any alternatives to being forced into GS-direct for continued use of the software...and what might that be, if at all.
    ..c) will there be a software update any time soon

4. Just what exactly will Gamesald bring to the table as a publisher that will justify their status as such

I think that covers the basics of what's been asked over the last few (almost 3) weeks.
  • PIXOMUSEPIXOMUSE Member Posts: 101
    Ok, thanks for that, Sparkyidr.
  • jstrahanjstrahan Member Posts: 498
    I just wnted to be number 1600
    I miss the days of this thread moving too fast to even keep up with.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Maybe the woman from this video could speed up time for you, Sparky?

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Sparkyidr said:
    I miss the days of this thread moving too fast to even keep up with.

Lol, I miss the days when I knew what system I'd be working with to make iPhone apps. Luckily I've been buried in schoolwork, so I can play the waiting game.
    @Poly
    ...ooooooooooo

it's like a real life episode of Warehouse 13 :)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Sparkyidr said:
    @Poly
    ...ooooooooooo

it's like a real life episode of Warehouse 13 :)

Can I be Artie? :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

only if I can be Claudia ;)

no....wait......
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    I don't even know what you guys are talking about...
  • danlbryantdanlbryant Member Posts: 236
    If you guys have windows, Construct is a fantastic alternative to Gamesalad or Gamemaker.
    http://www.scirra.com/

has pythons scripting and plugin support so it has limitless possibilities.

[edit] Also i found Stencyl, It's in private beta, but it looks fantastic!
    http://www.stencyl.com/
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    aaaaannnd..... Still no answers.
  • the19thbearthe19thbear Member Posts: 102
    Scirra and stencyl wont do iPhone Apps afaik. Any other gamesalad alternatives(gui based) programs?
    I think the only other with IOS capabilities is GameMaker...but they also force you into a publishing deal at 50% (of the 70%)...AND...force their graphics, sound, and controls on your game.

Some of the other GUIs are talking of IOS, but have nothing in place as of yet.
  • FetaboyFetaboy Member, PRO Posts: 191
    By page 8 of this thread, I decided to check out Corona. I'm now ready to submit my first app from it to the app store (I'm a programmer by day and found it pretty easy to pick up). That being said, I'm still checking in daily with Gamesalad in the hopes that there's news of an option to self publish with GS as both tools have their own pros and cons.

My membership expires the end of November, so I don't have much time left to figure things out and am hesitant to start anything new, not knowing if I can submit updates.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    Sparkyidr said:
    I think the only other with IOS capabilities is GameMaker...but they also force you into a publishing deal at 50% (of the 70%)...AND...force their graphics, sound, and controls on your game.

Interesting...source?

Edit: NM, found it. Sad to see they aren't leaving a self-publishing back door...you can basically throw any GM skill/experience in the crapper...
    BarkBarkCo said:
    Interesting...source?

Edit: NM, found it. Sad to see they aren't leaving a self-publishing back door...you can basically throw any GM skill/experience in the crapper...

for those that haven't seen it :

http://gamemakerblog.com/2010/10/27/first-official-details-of-yoyo-games-publishing-process/
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    danlbryant said:

[edit] Also i found Stencyl, It's in private beta, but it looks fantastic!
    http://www.stencyl.com/

Yeh, I saw that a while ago, looks familiar!
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    RH said:
    Yeh, I saw that a while ago, looks familiar!

It's based of the free program 'scratch'
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Hah, I mean't it reminded me of GS the way it looked.
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Sometimes I just stop in this post and nothing comes out. I just don't find anything else to say, ask or think. I cant believe that its on page 54 and everything is the same. 54 pages of uncertainty and nothing happens. After a strong reaction like this, its unbelievable that 54 pages later we are exactly the same way as page one... I don't have doubts that this is going to get fix but I don't know if everything is going to be the same. This feeling is...
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Yeah this is terrible, There has been so much time without concrete Answers...
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Communication (kəˌmjuːnɪˈkeɪʃən)

— n

1. the act or an instance of communicating; the imparting or exchange of information, ideas, or feelings

2. something communicated, such as a message, letter, or telephone call

3. a. ( usually plural; sometimes functioning as singular ) the study of ways in which human beings communicate, including speech, gesture, telecommunication systems, publishing and broadcasting media, etc
    b. ( as modifier ): communication theory

4. a connecting route, passage, or link

5. ( plural ) military the system of routes and facilities by which forces, supplies, etc, are moved up to or within an area of operations

Maybe they just forgot what the word means:)
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Gendai must realise how they've damaged their community. I've not seen a lot of the older faces on here for a long time now, the forums just seem dead as of late!
This discussion has been closed.