Goodbye Gendai. Hello, GameSalad.

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Very interesting article! Thanks for posting it!
  • markjohnsonmarkjohnson Member Posts: 64
    great find very interesting indeed........
  • iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
    Interesting. Could this possibly indicate a name change for the software, or just BAU? (BAU = Business As Usual)
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Can't say that I like the new logo much...
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    I'd definitely prefer that, this one looks a bit... odd.

Meh, not paying for the logo I guess! Actually, I'm just not paying at all at the moment :)
  • TymeMasterTymeMaster Member Posts: 527
    Maybe this guy knows what he is doing.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    I honestly have to say now without a dough that when the update comes it will be taking us out of beta. Just my 2 cents anyways we will see soon. :)
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    it makes me wonder if they were aiming for a big release last week and missed it. It seems like a few big changes were announced last week, or made last week.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    Maybe they were and they missed it but I think this next update will be worth the wait. I just hope it stays user friendly I don't like drastic changes.
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    i hope itz withen the next day or 2

-Josh
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    tshirtbooth said:
    Ya I think there will be some big news soon
    :)

:) :) :) You thinking what I'm thinking? :) :) :)
    TymeMaster said:
    Maybe this guy knows what he is doing.

Well, I'm sure you'd agree that a million-dollar push better come with the provision that someone will closely allocate the funds and resources needed to bring GameSalad to the next level.
  • ToastKittenToastKitten Member Posts: 360
    tshirtbooth said:
    I am thinking what your thinking :)

Am I?

;]
  • meowsoft.commeowsoft.com Member Posts: 1
    Seems like there might be some positive news for the company. Found this recent post on an investors-type blog that name drops the new financing the company is securing:

http://alwayson.goingon.com/AOStory/Revisiting-Paul-Grahams-High-Resolution-Financing

Quote:

"Paige Craig, currently the most prolific, under-dressed, and most eligible angel in Los Angeles, sourced a hot, young startup called Gendai Games (makers of GameSalad - a platform for rapid development of mobile games). By “sourced” I mean he: went to SxSW, saw a demo, loved the concept & team, gave them a check while still in Austin, called me & helped get them into Launchpad LA, get a local investor (DFJ Mercury) to commit, shopped the deal to a bunch of LA investors, get the CEO to move to LA and brought on LA seed investors including Disney (through Steamboat) and DFJ Frontier. "
  • iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
    OMG. This was right in front of us.

"Something's cooking at GameSalad..."

Wait.... At GameSalad?

Wouldn't it be "Something's cooking at Gendai Games"?

Goes to show you that "put it right in front of them" works. The government (USA) did the same thing with a bunker. (http://www.kilroywashere.org/006-Pages/Bunker.html)
  • FranzKellerFranzKeller Member Posts: 517
    Haven't been here in a month - what'd I miss? :-O

(It's basically the same logo design, albiet rendered in 3d instead of 2d)

"I don't like drastic changes" either... unless they are GOOD -
    Let us hope that this new money will bring us the new features we desire!

Onward, GS Coders, (and we, the "user coders"! or whatever we are) to Victoly.