Where to Advertise?

TumbleSoftTumbleSoft Member Posts: 63
Hi I recently released my first game Down!
Here is the thread with a video
http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=10502#post-76821
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/down/id388838525?mt=8

I have had decent sales however they have started to drop and some days I am getting no sales what so ever. I was recently contacted by PocketGamer to see if I was interested in advertising my game on their website. Before I do this I wanted to see how you would recommend advertising your game. Is there another website that gives you better value for money or an alternative solution such as google ads better. Any other tips on how to increase dwindling sales would be of great use.

Thank You

Comments

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440
    Start a thread on toucharcade. This seems to be the popular choice around here plus it's free. I would also suggest hitting up your facebook page stating it's release (although I'm sure you have)...

Past that, I would look into advertising on pocketgamer... Although you may be our guinea pig with advertising with them so keep us updated. How much are they charging??
  • TumbleSoftTumbleSoft Member Posts: 63
    Thank You
    I have done all that you suggested however the thread on touch arcade didn't get much attention. About £200 for a couple of weeks for there cheapest deal and up to several thousand for the most expensive.
    I run Ganeonnintendo and I could put something on that site for cheaper if youd like... We can put it on the side bar or wherever.
    Thanks for the offer but seeing as it is a nintendo site it may not cobra the intended audience.

Thanks anyway.
    No problem buddy. Good luck (200 seemed a little high for a couple of weeks advertisement... Get them to go lower!!)
    Thanks for the advice. I will try to get them to lower it. I will also try and find out what the other big iPhone game review sites such as TouchArcade are offering to see if they have any better deals.