Opinions On My Company Site Please!

ZackGSZackGS Member Posts: 313
So I just finished re-working my game company site (the one I use for my app store stuff) and would like your opinion on it.

The previous site was made by me with iWeb but it looked really amateur. Now it is using wordpress and with a bit of modification by me, i think it looks really good now.

I would really like some feedback on it though!

www.infuseddreams.com

Comments

• LAdrianLAdrian Member Posts: 237
    Where's the link?
  • goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440
    I really like it actually. I think it looks professional and sleek. Add an iTunes store link to your blog posts (unless I missed it) but overall it looks great. Great job.
  • ZackGSZackGS Member Posts: 313
    LOL.

Can't believe I forgot to post the link. My bad

*hides*
    goliath said:
    I really like it actually. I think it looks professional and sleek. Add an iTunes store link to your blog posts (unless I missed it) but overall it looks great. Great job.

Yup there there for games that are on the app store. Draw is waiting to be approved atm.
    Thank you!
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    No way.. you used the same WP Theme as us

http://www.flamingmitten.co.uk

small world.

To get back on topic though... looks fine. Deffo seems to have all the info you need on there etc.
    Only thing I would comment on, is the header looks a little cluttered with the image and then a lot of text under it before you get to the content.

Sparks.
    Sparkyidr said:
    No way.. you used the same WP Theme as us

http://www.flamingmitten.co.uk

small world.

To get back on topic though... looks fine. Deffo seems to have all the info you need on there etc.
    Only thing I would comment on, is the header looks a little cluttered with the image and then a lot of text under it before you get to the content.

Sparks.

Wow yeah it is!

Yeah maybe I should reduce the text size a bit...

EDIT : done, looks better now, thanks for the advice
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Could someone please explain to me how to make a site with wordpress?

Thanks

Also if anyone is looking for a free and easy alternative, just go to freewebs.com
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Hmm. Looks great. I just cobbled mine together with iWeb over the past week. I like how easy it is to lay stuff out, as I'm more of a designer than a web developer, but WordPress and its templates are quite nice.

www.beyondthetech.com
  • ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
    Just curious, did you use Wordpress Web Hosting Partner or did you download the files and upload it yourself?
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Looks good but one very minor thing; you might want to consider some consistency in your layout of posts.

"Angry Dogs – Draw!" is aligned left, while "Angry Dogs – Jump : Hits The App Store" is centered.

That's the only issue I saw, and it isn't even a real issue - I probably only noticed it because I'm used to looking for stuff like that.

Great site overall :)
    peachpellen said:
    Looks good but one very minor thing; you might want to consider some consistency in your layout of posts.

"Angry Dogs – Draw!" is aligned left, while "Angry Dogs – Jump : Hits The App Store" is centered.

That's the only issue I saw, and it isn't even a real issue - I probably only noticed it because I'm used to looking for stuff like that.

Great site overall :)

Thanks!

Thought I already modified that post to aligned left :P Fixed now anywhoo.

Appreciate all the feedback guys
    Shpint said:
    Just curious, did you use Wordpress Web Hosting Partner or did you download the files and upload it yourself?

It's sad that I need to quote myself. But can someone help me?
    Someone should really write a "Guide to making a website with wordpress"
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Yeah, I would really like to know the steps to creating a site with wordpress as well.

How much does it cost for a domain name?
    shpint email me... I have used wordpress for so long and have a lot of experience with it.

My 2 sites:

garylovestodraw.wordpress.com

gameonnintendo.com

email me and I would be more than happy to help!!
  • millerbrother1millerbrother1 Member Posts: 108
    Nice job. A good promotional site and the game sounds fun too!
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    How do you make your site? Do you do sites for others as well?
    artonskyblue said:
    How much does it cost for a domain name?

I know it cost $15/yr for custom domain host with WordPress and $10/yr for other host. That, of course, is for WordPress.com not .org

@goliath
    What is your email?
    Devils said:
    How do you make your site? Do you do sites for others as well?

I use wordpress then customize it to suit with code modifications..

I can do sites for others for a small fee if you would like :)
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    To those asking about Wordpress - or more than that, asking for detailed instructions from the OP - there are a bunch of guides online and it's insanely easy to do.

If you are trying to setup Wordpress and run into problems, email me. (my username at gmail)

I'm happy to help. :)
    @InfusedDreams. How much is a small fee? I was thinking something simple with a Home, Contact, and About tabs. I would like it to be in some nice steel colors with a dark blue or black background. Also after it's done do I receive the information so that I can take care of the rest like adding banners and stuff or do you keep the site? I'm asking because I don't know much about this. Just to clear it up better what I want to know is will I be the webmaster after your done making the site?
    Devils said:
    @InfusedDreams. How much is a small fee? I was thinking something simple with a Home, Contact, and About tabs. I would like it to be in some nice steel colors with a dark blue or black background. Also after it's done do I receive the information so that I can take care of the rest like adding banners and stuff or do you keep the site? I'm asking because I don't know much about this. Just to clear it up better what I want to know is will I be the webmaster after your done making the site?

Ok. About 20 euro? Depending on the following...

Do you have your own server/webhost? If not i have plenty of space should you need it.
    Do you have your own domain?
    You will have full control when it is finished :)
    So for like $30 USD you would make a site. Then if I have someone to host it for me I can go that route correct? How would I get the site though a download or e-mail?
    Devils said:
    So for like $30 USD you would make a site. Then if I have someone to host it for me I can go that route correct? How would I get the site though a download or e-mail?

Well i will host it for you free of charge, i get unlimited bandwith and am barley using any of my hosting plan so it's not a problem.

Do you have your own domain name?

And no, I wil set it all up for you then it will be just a case of you going to www.yoursite.com and working the magic, all set up for you. You will just have to make the posts etc
    Well I was planning on getting one with godaddy.com myself for a while now. So I will just go to the www.whatever.com and then type like a master password that I can then change to whatever I want right.
    Devils said:
    Well I was planning on getting one with godaddy.com myself for a while now. So I will just go to the www.whatever.com and then type like a master password that I can then change to whatever I want right.

Exactly yeah. Once you have the domain name... shoot me an email .. zackonmac [at] gmail [dot] [com] and we will get the ball rolling if you like :)
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Shpint said:
    It's sad that I need to quote myself. But can someone help me?
    Someone should really write a "Guide to making a website with wordpress"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+setup+a+site+on+wordpress