Getting a fair bit of crashing in GS 0.6.0

TobyToby Member Posts: 478
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi all, getting a fair bit of crashing in GS 0.6.0 when previewing using GS viewer on the iPhone.

The game (Elerium is rock solid on the desktop) is just a little flaky on the iPhone usually when there's a few actors moving around (Enemy, bullets, debris).

I've made sure my game has no redundant attributes that are being referenced and removed all unused behaviours/actors.

Switching the iPhone off and on again before play does sometimes help.

occasionally the game will play right through repeatedly, and sometimes it can flake at the intro screen. If the issue was consistently repeatable I might be able to isolate the problem.

Alas nothing seems to be working at this stage.

What more can I do, is anyone having similar problems.

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Toby,

I am having the same issues too, and I thought perhaps I didn't upgrade the viewer properly, but went back again, and am pretty sure that it's upgraded.

I'm having issues with it crashing before the game starts, but from what I hear, the viewer isn't reliable.

Are you testing it after converting your game to xcode? I hear that is more reliable, although I haven't yet tried that.

I have noticed that repurging the phone, shutting down and restarting does help too, but the main issue I had with my platformer which didn't occur with the prior version of GS was that based on the framerates, her movement was very inconsistent.

What happened in the prior version was slowdown, but she'd still jump and move at the same pace.

With this newer version, on one level she's be running like she's on speed, and on a more bogged down level, she'd slow down, and couldn't even jump very high.

I've had to remove a LOT of actors and things I was hoping to keep just to keep the game running, I'd rather have a trimmed game that's working, than one that's bogged down, there's nothing worst in the gaming world than a game that is gorgeous but has slowdown in scenes.... it ruins the experience, at least for me

So to answer your question yes! I'm hoping the next update will have improved performance, and perhaps a memory leak fix that doesn't effect the player's attributes like movement... :)