But where are the resources (png files) ?

GregFromParisGregFromParis Member Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,

I installed the last version 0.8.9 beta. I follow all the instruction to install, a GameSalad.app is installed in the Applications folder.

I run GameSalad, I follow the first tutorial "GameSalad Create a Game From Scratch Part 1". Everything is ok.

But when I try the second tutorial "GameSalad Create a Game From Scratch Part 2", at the beginning, to insert a background, I click on the Images tab, and "+", I cannot find the png files like in the tutorial.

During the installation, a single file is installed in the Applications folder. Where the png files are stored ?

Thanks,

Greg.

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Bien Venue, Greg!

open GS and at 1st screen >> New Projects -> "Basic Shoot Em Up"
    open it...(double click or click the pencil icon or 'Choose' button.)

open its image area and open your practice project.
    highlight and drag those 20 images into your image area in your practice project.

Good to start with the tutorials!

MH
  • GregFromParisGregFromParis Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your asnwer; I understand.

But do you mean that it's not possible to dev a game from scratch (new blank project) and insert some png files which are in the templates ?

For example, I cannot start a new blank project with the background of the "Cannon" template and the ship of the "Basic Shoot Em up" template.

Greg in the French land.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    in New Project just click on blank...to start your own....
    add your images with the [+]
    and put/drag an image onto the actor you create...

if you want to use the artwork in the examples...then just drag the oone image you want to your work...but think it is good to use your own artwork...

MH
  • GregFromParisGregFromParis Member Posts: 4
    Ok thanks.