Move To is super wonky

hillelchillelc Member Posts: 56
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I've seen some mention of this in the forums, but couldn't find a formal post detailing the problems with the Move To Behavior.

I am using "move to" to move a non-visible actor across a scrollable landscape in order to have the camera scroll to key parts of the scene as appropriate. The movement (and therefore camera movement) is triggered by touching different actors (move right, move left) that set global boolean attributes (and then unset them). The non-visible camera controlling actor listens to the two global attributes and moves 1024 pixels to the right or left depending on what GA is set as true.

In theory this should work fine. I've created test levels to try and debug all the problems. The bugs in the move to behavior are just blocking me from making this system happen. Some things I've noticed:

* set the actor to move horizontally relative to a scene and all of a sudden it moves on a diagonal (WHAT???)
* set the actor to move at high speed and it doesn't stop
* turn off the global attribute that the moving non-visible actor is listening to using a timer (counting long enough so the movement ends) and the moving non-visible actor stops responding. (WHAT???)

In general... the behavior just seems random at times.

I'm happy to send folks my test levels if that would help debug.

Comments

• hillelchillelc Member Posts: 56
    Trying that now. Getting a weird ease-in delay even though I've chosen linear. Any thoughts?
  • hillelchillelc Member Posts: 56
    I think I found a bug. I set it to ease in at first, and then when i set it back to linear, it wouldn't unstick. Thanks for the tip. Making progress now.