Book: iPhone App Entrepreneur

JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
There might be a few people in the forums interested in this.

iPhone App Entrepreneur: Coming Soon!

It's a book that promises to "provide you with all the knowledge and technique you need to spot a great opportunity, get the most from the App Store, make smart decisions about development, craft a stunning interface, and promote your app successfully."

Comments

• aalzankiaalzanki Member Posts: 283
    Sounds very interesting.
    I think i'm gonna get one.

Regards,
    aalzanki
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I've got ocean front property in arizona for sale (competitively priced too)

:)
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    I try provide links in these forums to tools that I think other people will find useful. And, I wouldn't recommend anything here that I would not recommend to my friends. I have been visiting appstorm for a long time now, and enjoy their articles and advice.

From reading these forums, it seems like there are a lot of people here wanting to learn how to optimize their game's success. This is the reason why I took the effort to post this link.
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    JackBQuick said:
    I try provide links in these forums to tools that I think other people will find useful. And, I wouldn't recommend anything here that I would not recommend to my friends. I have been visiting appstorm for a long time now, and enjoy their articles and advice.

From reading these forums, it seems like there are a lot of people here wanting to learn how to optimize their game's success. This is the reason why I took the effort to post this link.

I agree :)
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I didn't mean any disrespect. I simply find the appstore to be a crazy place that is beyond reason. So actually, a good book on it would probably be worthwhile.

Sorry, my humor sometimes gets the better of me...
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    @ scitunes - No worries. I share your opinion that the App Store is a crazy place and that, in addition to having a good app, there's a bit of luck involved in being successful. (Myself, I don't think that I'll be living off the proceeds from game sales any time soon, if at all.) However, I do believe that you can increase your odds by learning as much as you can, and taking the advice of people who are successful. Plus, it makes for interesting reading :)

Btw, your current app looks great!
  • TymeMasterTymeMaster Member Posts: 527
    Junk IMO. Why pay for a book that:

1) Was not written by someone who had success in the industry
    2) Someone who is unknown
    3) All the information in the book can be had from the internet

This is just an example of someone trying to cash in. Like they say, if you can't do the work, teach it instead. blah.