How To Change Your Company name?

EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
How do i change my company name? Just wondering might be useful in the future

Comments

• jstrahanjstrahan Member Posts: 498
    I think the only way is to buy a new iPhone sdk developers subscription
  • ckurt25ckurt25 Member Posts: 122
    If you are talking about changing your name with Apple, it can be done. I originally registered as an individual developer and have since formed an LLC (my wife is my lawyer) and contacted Apple developer support. I had to provide my LLC paperwork along with my EIN from the IRS but they switched it right away.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    @ckurt25, what if you are an individual developer who has no LLC paperwork, etc. Can you still apply as a company?

Cant you just apply as an individual but fake your name and write what would be your company name?
    I "think" when you first open a developer account, you can name it anything you want to. To change it, would require the proper paperwork. Now renewing.... Hmmmm.... I think it would be the same as a change but you could just close that account and reopen a new one. That would however create problems with the games you previously published.

My advice, look on craigslist for an inexpesive lawyer and call around to see what they would charge for it. If you're in Michigan let me know. I'm sure I could get my wife to do it for a good price.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Previous games published isn't important to me because just the other day i removed all of my existing apps to start off all new.

I live in nyc

I am planning on re-paying the $99 to apple to open up a new developer account, but this time a company name
    I'm checkin out Apples site. It says you may need to provide the proper paperwork. I would think finding a lawyer in NY to do this should be easy. I checked with my sister in law in NYC (works at MSG) and she knows someone that could help. If you want, email me at chris at 225labs dot com.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    I am registered as an individual but if you look up DeMentid Apps you will find all my apps. If I recall it asks who the dev is and who the seller is. I used my name for seller and DeMentid Apps for the other or vice versa. I can't remember exactly
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    I have an LLC which is DreamSparks, LLC. When I went through Apple I had to give all the correct paperwork, and EIN number from the IRS all my games which is only one so far show up as developed by DreamSparks, LLC. and are sold by me. This can be changed if you contact Apple but only if you have not created one yet if you have created an LLC when you first started your Apple Developer account then you would need to start a new one. This is what I've been informed by Apple.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Providing the paperwork is the easy part. You just have to fax them.
    Forming a Inc or LLC is the harder part and comes with a lot of respoaibilty.

Legalzoom.com is pretty inexpensive if you don't wanna hire attorney.

Be ready to spend about 1000 bucks before you even start.

If you are lucky enough to live in Cali you get an 800 yearly tax before you even make a penny.

You can put anything you want in the name form when you start but it won't last too long and seriously violates the developer terms.

It's all such a pain.

I hate even dealing with taxes and crap.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Also you can still provide a SS number with an LLC.
    If you are a sole owner you don't have to deal with an EIN.

Those are federal and the fed doesn't recognize LLCs

If you start it yourself you can just add your income on your regular tax form.

An LLC becomes an entire different beast when you share it with someone.
    My advice is to own it yourself and the IRS never considers you an actual company yet you get all the benefits.