App stuck at Waiting for Connection and no iPhone Preview

rafael123rafael123 Member Posts: 5
edited November -1 in Tech Support
OK I finally got the gamesalad viewer app downloaded to my device through xcode, but every-time I try to preview a game the gamesalad game screen it doesnt give me the option to preview on my iPhone and my device wont get past "waiting for connection," actually come to think of it the "waiting for connection" screen is the only screen the device ever pulls up. Any suggestions how to get past this?

More info:
Device is running ios 4.0.1
Mac is running latest sdk

Comments

• dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    I have this problem all the time and very few people seem to have this problem. I think it may have something to do with how certain routers auto assign IP addresses. Try renewing the lease on your ipod's wifi settings and unpluging and repluging your router. It SOMETIMES works for me.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    I have issues like this all the time.

What I do is turn off my MBP's airport, wait a second, turn it back on again - then open the viewer on my iPhone.

That typically works for me :)
  • victorkin11victorkin11 Member Posts: 251
    have you Activate GameSalad Creator?
  • rafael123rafael123 Member Posts: 5
    hmmm I have activated game salad creator, so guess its probably a router issue I'll try troubleshooting with the router and see!! Thanks
    OK I tried resetting my router, etc. but the game salad app on my device is still stuck at "waiting for connection" and "preview game on device" doesnt pop up in the game salad window. Its like its both devices are trying to connect but something is prevent them from connecting. Any suggestions? I tried turning of router firewall, resetting router, etc.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    one think you can try is use your Mac to create an adhoc network. Just click on the airport button and choose Create Network. Then have your iphone connect to that.

Once it's connected open gamesalad and your game. THEN open the iphone viewer on the phone and wait, sometimes it takes up to a minute to discover each other, but it should work. I do it all the time on the road to test my stuff.
    tried using an adhoc network and it didnt work either. :(( I installed the iphone viewer by following the instructions shown on the game salad web page and the youtube video posted by Tshirtbooth, so it should have installed well, dunno know what to do now !!!!!