Company Name

ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
Hi,
I'm ready to create a website, but now I need a company name. At first I like the name "Mirage Studios", but turns out the TNMT (ninja turtles) people already took it. That means I can't use the name right?
Can you guys suggest some names? I really want it to be related to: dream, mirage, illusions, things like that.

Non-related question: How did you come up with your company name? (i.e. Red Dot Inc, Quantum Sheep, Robot vs Wizard, FireMapleGames, TShirtBooth.)
If I created a website with weebly.com, can I change the domainname.weebly.com afterward? Like register with a random domain name then change it to my company name afterward.

THANKS

Comments

• chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Crazy Illusion Games
    Illusion Studios
    Daydream Games
    Dreamer Studios
    Sleepwalker Studios
    The Dreamer Games
    Always Asleep Studios
    Mirage Maker Games

Just some stupid things that popped into my crazy head. :)
  • ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
    Guess what, some of the name you suggested were already on my list O_O

Which means ur not the only crazy person around :P

I will go to bed now (2AM!!!) Hope to see a lot of suggestions tomorrow :)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    have you done a trademark search on mirage Studios? It may be expired and if so and they not around anymore you can prob get away with it.
    Is there a website for that or just google all the way.
    I know the domain name www.miragestudios.com is taken, so it is not possible to create a website with that name anymore right?
    After a few minutes of Googling. Mirage Studios is not an available name. Suggestion anyone?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    To answer your question:

Quantum Sheep was just something my friends and I used to call 'Quantum Leap' - I liked it, and procured it for myself!

I like to think it's clever, non-threatening, and makes people smile when they read it!

It's trademarked now as my business name, and I'm very proud of it. I did come up with a few others that are equally as good - but I'm saving them for QS subsidiary names ;)

As to name suggestions based on dreams:

Dreamwalker studios
    Dreamweaver studios
    Beep In My Sleep
    Alien Dream
    Dream State Studios

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Thanks QS, your name is rlly cool.
    Naming is the hardest part of EVERYTHING.