Nobody buys my app

MantoManto Member Posts: 796
I have published my app few days ago and nobody has bought my app. Does anyone know any tip to get customers?

My app name is Caelum Bellus
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/caelum-bellus/id390437080?mt=8

Comments

• FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    Your app's design looks very familiar ;)
  • MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    Thanks tshirtbooth. I will make a better app icon and improve my game graphics.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    .... A new background that doesn't make you look like a hack might be a good idea, too.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one thinking it.
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    peachpellen said:
    .... A new background that doesn't make you look like a hack might be a good idea, too.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one thinking it.

+1
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    Why is everyone so relaxed?

You have just stuck a start screen and scoreboard on the tutorial level. It's meant to be used as a guide so you can learn the software not something you can make a quick buck from.

Pull your finger out and make a bit of effort and maybe you'll make a bit of money.

Try and create something original using the tutorial as a guide. This app will not make ANY money. And if it does it belongs to gendai as they created 90% of it.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Andreib21 said:
    Your app's design looks very familiar ;)

Mantu said:

Classic. LOL.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    This is an ACTUAL quote from the official Apple app guidelines we all agree too

"We have over 250,000 apps in the App Store. We don't need any more Fart apps. If your app doesn't do something useful or provide some form of lasting entertainment, it may not be accepted.

If your App looks like it was cobbled together in a few days, or you're trying to get your first practice App into the store to impress your friends, please brace yourself for rejection. We have lots of serious developers who don't want their quality Apps to be surrounded by amateur hour."

OUCH! huh?

I count myself in this category so, i feel i can say this.

There is a lot to learn.
    Dont be so eager to release anything and everything.

To me that is a tutorial project not a game to sell.

All be a great job and a great learning experience but its not so bad to slow down.

I fell victim to the same issue but ultimately ended up deleting my early apps.

Take your time. Learn game salad, then take your time and make a great game.

If it takes 3 months that fine.

You will be happier pushing it and it will probably sell when you do.

Just because it will load on the iphone and you can upload it doesnt mean it should be uploaded....
    I agree - but for the record I'm not relaxed, I just felt that a less than subtle "Change it so you don't look like a hack" was a little less bitchy than "LOL YOU SUCK AND THE COURT IN YOUR BASKETBALL APP LOOKS LIKE IT HAS TWO PENISES IN IT. ROFLCOPTER" ;)

For future reference though; http://static2.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/2/6/3/large2/3622155.jpg

That's what a basketball court looks like. Please note the lack of penises.

That is all.
  • TyvanTyvan Member Posts: 29
    Your game icon is terrible IMHO
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Lol this is just too funny!
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    hate to sound harsh, but it looks like some of your menu graphics were made in microsoft word.

although gamesalad as a tool is easy to use it doesn't mean that you can make games that'll sell without skills in graphics software, good ideas and the ability to actually translate your ideas into gamesalad.

did you make a shooter because that was what your idea was or because it was easy to re-use the tutorial project?
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    JamesZeppelin said:
    This is an ACTUAL quote from the official Apple app guidelines we all agree too

"We have over 250,000 apps in the App Store. We don't need any more Fart apps. If your app doesn't do something useful or provide some form of lasting entertainment, it may not be accepted.

If your App looks like it was cobbled together in a few days, or you're trying to get your first practice App into the store to impress your friends, please brace yourself for rejection. We have lots of serious developers who don't want their quality Apps to be surrounded by amateur hour."

OUCH! huh?

I count myself in this category so, i feel i can say this.

There is a lot to learn.
    Dont be so eager to release anything and everything.

To me that is a tutorial project not a game to sell.

All be a great job and a great learning experience but its not so bad to slow down.

I fell victim to the same issue but ultimately ended up deleting my early apps.

Take your time. Learn game salad, then take your time and make a great game.

If it takes 3 months that fine.

You will be happier pushing it and it will probably sell when you do.

Just because it will load on the iphone and you can upload it doesnt mean it should be uploaded....

So why did his get approved if Apple has this new policy? That I don't understand.

Yeah I can't agree more though, way too much shovelware crap on there, I've spent 3 months on my game, not to mention trying 5 other game projects to start off as practice first.
  • MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    StusApps said:
    hate to sound harsh, but it looks like some of your menu graphics were made in microsoft word.

although gamesalad as a tool is easy to use it doesn't mean that you can make games that'll sell without skills in graphics software, good ideas and the ability to actually translate your ideas into gamesalad.

did you make a shooter because that was what your idea was or because it was easy to re-use the tutorial project?

The game isn't a shooter game. In my game you destroy enemies by tapping or dragging them together.
    Mantu said:
    The game isn't a shooter game. In my game you destroy enemies by tapping or dragging them together.

.... So why did you rip off a template game again?
This discussion has been closed.