Game Salad for PC, When?...

KurganKurgan Member Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Would be nice, and would be possible?... and When?... thanks in advance...

Comments

• StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Not sure it would be possible. Certainly the builder side of it would be fine but the publishing process uses your keychain with stored certificates and profiles (this is not available on PC). Also you wouldn't be able to build the viewer and run on iOS devices without xcode.

I would be interested to know how Shiva does it. Maybe you have to use a mac for the final stages.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    If there was a GS tech spec of how all the XML files worked then it could be possible to do the GUI and project file in windows but may have to be re-written for windows as recoding the Xcode version of GS would take a long time.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Xcode it the main reason now.

I can see if GS was a big player in the desktop market

I think the reason we won't see it soon is that while it can make a mac game, It's primary market is iphone/ipad development

Since you MUST have xcode and a mac to compile, and sign an iApp it really doesn't make sense at this time anyways.

I could see android pushing GS to PC before desktop games though.

But most of us who have been using GS for a long time would likely prefer performance of the existing engine prior to branching out. I cant speak for everyone but, i think thats a fair statement.

Sure Unity and Torque are on PC but they also shine with desktop games.
    However it is just my opinion that torque while capable, has a long ways to go before it shines on iphone.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    W
    Kurgan said:
    Would be nice, and would be possible?... and When?... thanks in advance...

When Hell freezes over... which is impossible, as Hell doesn't exist... unless you count where I work... quite hot here, though.
This discussion has been closed.