!!! FIX THE MEMORY LEAK IN GS BUILDER !!!

ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
edited November -1 in Tech Support
COME ON ALREADY! FIX THE MEMORY LEAK IN GS BUILDER! I'm really patient, but when EVERY SINGLE other app on my mac behaves properly EXCEPT my game dev environment it really pisses me off! I loose sooo much productivity restarting GS because of the constant slowdown. This is ridiculous! This bug is your #1 priority! It just makes your app look like amateur hour.

Apple gives you more than enough tools to track down and solve memory leaks and performance issues. I have 8GB of memory on my machine and a 2.9Ghz CPU (two of them!) there is no reason that GameSalad should start to slow down after just 30 minutes of use.

FIX THIS!!!

(yes i'm pissed, just when i start to get "in the zone" i have to restart the damn application!

I've been really patient with you guys, but come on! Seriously! FIX THIS!

Comments

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    30min? I get about 5!

Definitely needs to be fixed, I find it amazing that none of the updates I've seen since I've been here have even begun to address this MAJOR issue.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I was surprised on the 30 minutes too! I have to restart evey 5-10 minutes, it's an autopilot type behavior I've developed, but can get VERY annoying when your deep into a project.

It is absurd that it hasn't been fixed yet, get on the ball guys.
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    No need to swear, we all know its an issue, but we all just have to deal with it for now - that's why it's BETA!
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    I honestly think they shouldn't charge as much as they do for BETA.

Unless they give all of the BETA users free membership when they release 1.0 :D *cough*
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Ha, yeah, I never go over 5 minutes before a restart. At least it doesn't take too long to load, but I also hate that #*^&%@)* menu of templates, recent games etc. that pops up. I just relaunch by clicking on my project, and then have to close that screen. Okay, a minor gripe, but this is rather ridiculous that we have to restart soooo often. I also have 8 gig of ram.

HAPPY NOSE JOB!: Nesen Probe: is on the App Store. If anyone want's to try it out, codes are still available near the end of this thread: http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=8097
    I can honestly relate to how he's feeling, it can be very frustrating when your deep into programming something, and you have to restart. It can really throw you off your momentum, and is beyond frustrating.

At least he had the courtesy of putting an asterisk between the swear word :) jk
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I find your fucking language offensive, please clean it up.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Sorry about the swear word, but I do recall being a child and I know the kids know more bad words than the adults. It's like a game to them on the playground to see who came come up with the most profane expressions. I hardly think my word choice is not already known to every 6 year old in the nation.

The choice of the word was deliberate, I really needed to emphasize how much of a problem this is. The choice of swear word is intentional so as to grab attention and illustrate just how pissed off I am! I've been a very helpful member of this community for almost a year, this is just getting to be ridiculous! @JCFord: Paid BETA membership... lol, when did that nonsense start? Something tells me that it's just a way to avoid responsibility for selling broken, unfinished stuff. Microsoft should be so clever. Just because it's beta doesn't mean we should just be satisfied with crappy results and make excuses. An oily hinge gets greased. Notice how we're getting pause now, FINALLY? Seriously, how hard was it to stop the game loop? (thanks @QS! :)

I do apologize if your children are scarred from this horrible, deeply troubling, and downright despicable arrangement of four letters. Hopefully all the violence on TV and in the news will heal them from the bad word they just read. I am a terrible person because of it. We must always think of the children and censor ourselves so that they can grow up in a free and open society without things like bad words written in bad books.

Perhaps I should have said "Bloody" because that's only a bad word in the UK but not the US.

Personal note: The very concept of a "bad" word makes me laugh. Is that like saying there are "bad" numbers too? Oh noz! It's a 3!!! Arrggh!!!

Hm... game title idea! "Oh Sh** ! It's a 3!!" I'll list it under: Games > Educational > Math :)
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    We have all had that moment orbz

Good time to not touch anything computer related for about 48 hours
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    @James

Ya, you're probably right...

(steps out to fume...)
  • reddotincreddotinc Member Posts: 653
    +1.. It's annoying but I just zone it out now.. who know's you might miss it if it gets fixed :P

// red.
    It never ceases to amaze me what swear words kids have in their vocabulary. And I can honestly relate to your frustration.

The squeaky wheel does get the grease, and this has been long overdue for a serious fix. No program should have to be restarted every fricken' 5-10 minutes. I've extended my own bigger projects because of this issue.

Watching that color wheel spinning while you're trying to fix one damn rule can be beyond frustrating, so I completely understand where you're coming from in this.

@Scitunes: I laughed out loud at your post
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I have the same, but I think that I have to be the most patient person here :P
    I don't get mad when I have to restart GS. I think it's because I used to have Windows Vista, so I'm accustomed to restarting, crashing and stucking ;)
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    Yeah it's getting ridiculous for sure...I keep hoping that everytime I restart GS (every 10 min) that I see the "Time to update GS" popup window :D

Hopefully this week....
    That 42ing update better come out soon!
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    scitunes said:
    That 42ing update better come out soon!

heh
  • bambamyibambamyi Member Posts: 1
    I experience same thing. It is so slow after about 15-20min.... If dev cannot and does not fix this, we should all ask for refund or something. We really have to do something.
  • keekee312keekee312 Member Posts: 91
    agree too
    yeah, I think I am going to switch to that other engine that requires no coding and let's me get my games on the appstore in record time.

oh wait...

;-)
  • antaanta Member Posts: 2
    Yea!! it's really an awful bug!!! after slow down you will be lost all images of actor and animation inside the project. Terrible!
    I agree it needs to be fixed but a refund? I mean they have a try before you buy deal, you know.
  • TymeMasterTymeMaster Member Posts: 527
    I am offended by the title in this post
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Yeah! Hugs!

Now about that memory leak.