Comments

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Must be harnessing the yet to be seen power of HTML 5.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    fmg will be happy...javascript heaven
  • AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    thats one to watch!
    actually I'm happy ...that looks amazing
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    That looks really cool....... :) also based on the video you dont really need to code. You just drag and drop pre-made code blocks. :)
    probably the best of both worlds ?
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    already subscribed to their beta
    i cant find their site... where did u subscribe,nulo?
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Wow, I must admit, I usually hate it when members post about other Game developing software but this seems to be amazing.

Found this as well

I'm still 100% a GS user though :)
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Wow! Is that the Anussex Engine?!?!?!

LOL.
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I don't want to sound like the only selfish one here, but how is this engine going to make us money?
    well... how does farmville make money??
    In-app purchases. (btw i do NOT play farmville. i hate it)
    it is always in app purchases: people buy:fake money, gold, virtual coins ect....
    Travian.com made a fortune selling gold! with over 10000 players in every world, 10 worlds per server, with a total of 33 servers.
    that is a lot of money, and i read that over 75% of peoplre who play that game bought the virtual gold.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    BeyondtheTech said:
    I don't want to sound like the only selfish one here, but how is this engine going to make us money?

Scrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeccccchhhhhhh.

Darn good point. It would take some sort of system to manage in-app purchases and advertising. This may be more of a toy in the long run.

HAPPY NOSE JOB!: Nesen Probe is on the App Store. If anyone want's to try it out, codes are still available near the end of this thread: http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=8097
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Very interesting. You can also mike Lite version of your games for people to test in Facebook or webs.
  • WortekWortek Member Posts: 33
    Awsome, they said we would be able to edit our games directly on iPad. That's just awesome. Can't wait till the end of the year.
  • fmarkusfmarkus Member Posts: 42
    How is it going to make us money?

From their website: "Can be packaged as a native application".
    Means you can just sell your games as regular apps on the Apple store I think...
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    They'll still have to be good games, though... amazing how this concept just doesn't get through to some people.... LOL.
  • vegasmike1vegasmike1 Member Posts: 192
    I think there will be lots of companies that rush to this kind of software, html5 has some cool stuff, and rest assured that Apple will be on this band wagon also. The truth is that not everyone has an Idevice, so the world can be your oyster, hoping they spawn pearls. But I think that the folks at GS probably have a bit of head start on this process, making claims of NO CODE TO WRITE however is total bs, it you want to make a bouncing ball game, that does what they show, probably true, but make a shooter, or castle or cannon game, etc etc, not so sure that claim will hold up. The big question is this we will run out of game ideas.

As for making money, well make a great game, put up a web site and drive people to the site and get some advertisers, hmm sounds like IAd kinda sort of, maybe. Oh well back to the keyboard and GS to finish our next game, SLAM THE HAM.....heheheh
  • aalzankiaalzanki Member Posts: 283
    can people play the game offline on the iphone?

Regards,
    aalzanki
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    sticking with GS.
    There is a new video:

I'm interested to see how this turns out although, as ktfright said, I'll be sticking with GS.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Weird! I just watched this video today for yet ANOTHER online javascript engine based on HTML5, which also looks great...

This one is called the Impact Engine:

I love that all these new engines keep coming out. It's a fun time to be a developer!
    I had just played that game when I posted that video :)